Re: Agenda and Package for June 26, 2003 Telechat

Hi Randy:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "slammed left stuff." Do you mean the fact that the text is all left justified? If so, then we implemented this change in format in response to the following comment by Russ Housley on the format of the telechat package:

"In RFC-style documents, we always begin headings at the left margin. This avoids a problem that is evident here: with each subsequent heading the indenting gets deeper and deeper. Actually, the old style agenda has this problem too. I would find it easier to use with less whitespace at the left margin. I do like the additional whitespace before each heading."

When I requested feedback on the telechat package, you and Russ were the only IESG members that responded. Since Russ sent his comments to the IESG as well as to the Secretariat, and since no one raised any objections, I assumed that everyone agreed to this change (or at least didn't have a problem with it).

Personally, I prefer the indents. However, we prepare the package for the IESG, and I am anxious to incorporate any changes that will make it more useful to the group. Given that you and Russ appear to differ on this matter, I would appreciate any suggestions that you have regarding how to proceed.

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Barbara

P.S. If you were *not* referring to the left-justified text, then please disregard (and forgive) my diatribe and try again :-)
At 12:40 PM 6/24/2003 -0700, you wrote:
can someone easily fix this slammed left stuff?

randy

> 2.1 WG Submissions
> 2.1.1 New Item
> o The E.164 to URI DDDS Application (ENUM) (Proposed Standard)
> <draft-ietf-enum-rfc2916bis-06.txt>
> Token: Mankin, Allison
> Note: Liaison statement was sent to SG-2 about Last Call.
> o SDP: Session Description Protocol (Proposed Standard)
> <draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-13.txt>
> Token: Peterson, Jon
> o RTP Payload Format for Transport of MPEG-4 Elementary Streams (Proposed
> Standard)
> <draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple-07.txt>
> Token: Mankin, Allison
> Note: Nits: needs to cite rtp-new and abstract should mention the
> MIME registration - can fix after Last Call and IESG review (but IANA
> attention should be drawn to MIME reg).

Barbara B. Fuller
Acting Executive Director
Internet Engineering Task Force