Re: Glassey and Marshall's "kicking people off lists"proposal

--On Friday, 27 June, 2003 16:48 -0400 "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@research.att.com> wrote:

In message <21582233.1056725189@p3.JCK.COM>, John C Klensin
writes:
Harald,

You have warned Todd in private.  You have warned him in
public.  He is still posting, indeed, in the message I pulled
out of the  trash and looked at, cross posting to Poised and
IPR.

Since most of Marshall's "procedure for kicking people out"
can  be implemented without approving documents (i.e., it is
within  IESG discretion as I read things), perhaps it would
be  interesting to see if that mechanism could be used in
Todd's  case, thereby obtaining "running code" before
actually casting  the proposed procedure in concrete.

Formally, you should consider this note a comment to the IESG
on  Marshall's model and proposal.

I just loved his recent reply to Jeff Williams...  (For some
strange  reason, I never saw the original note...)
I'm afraid I missed it. I sort of sample Todd's notes at very low density, but Jeffy goes straight to the trash unless he actually addresses something to me (in which case he only mostly goes to the trash).

john