Re: Evaluation: draft-ietf-sipping-3pcc - Best Current Practices for Third Party Call Control in the Session Initiation Protocol

                      Yes  No-Objection  Discuss  Abstain
Russ Housley         [   ]     [   ]     [ X ]     [   ]
The Introduction says that use of RFC 3312 and early media are not trivial. I do not think that correctly implementing TCP is trivial either. It would be much better to describe the nature of the adverse complexity. A pointer to a section where that is discussed more fully would be fine.

Sections 12.1 and 12.2 include a discussion of S/MIME, but there is not a reference. I suspect that S/MIME is not really needed, bit that CMS (see RFC 3369) is sufficient. Please add the appropriate reference.

I think that the security considerations should also address authorization. I suggest that a new section 12.3 be added.