Re: take 2: DNP for draft-song-pppext-sip-support-02.txt

I do not have a problem with the DNP text. It sounds like the right thing to do...

Russ

At 10:02 AM 7/9/2003 -0400, Thomas Narten wrote:
Another rev, I'd like to close this one out on Thursday's call.

This document arrived via an RFC editor request to publish as
informational. I recommend that it not be published.

Proposed note:

The IESG requests that this document not be published as an RFC. The
document proposes extensions to PPP that are not supported by the
WG. Specifically, in response to discussion on the PPPEXT mailing
list, the WG chair reported "I think the consensus is clear: Existing
mechanisms are adequate to the task."  The PPPEXT WG considers the
addition of PPP options that are not directly related to PPP harmful
to the protocol, and therefore opposes publication of this document.
Publishing this document would be considered an end run around the
wishes of the PPPEXT WG.

Thomas