Re: Evaluation: draft-ietf-sip-sctp - The Stream Control Transmission Protocol as a Transport for for the Session Initiation Protocol

In message <200307042234.SAA11116@ietf.org>, IESG Secretary writes:

>Last Call to expire on: 2003-07-03
>
>        Please return the full line with your position.
>
>                      Yes  No-Objection  Discuss  Abstain
>Steve Bellovin       [   ]     [   ]     [ x ]     [   ]

The document says "In this case, it is RECOMMENDED that SIP
messages belonging to the same transaction are sent over the same
stream".  TLS won't work unless that's done; it's a MUST, not a SHOULD.
In fact, that's sufficiently obvious that it wasn't even spelled out
explicitly in 3436, as best I can tell from a quick glance.