suggestion for problem statement

An idea I discussed with Allison and we thought was worth following up
on.

Each of us (individually) come up with a list of what we think are the
3-5 most important problems facing the IETF. This list could include
items already mentioned in the problem-statement document or be ones
not mentioned at all. E.g., IMO, one of them is insufficient
architectural review/sanity review/serious review early in the
process. As Bernard likes to say, most things that are majorly broken
in documents sent to the IESG were already broken in the 00 document.

During one of the IESG solo breakfast meetings, we have a 20 minute
roundtable where we briefly discuss our lists, see if we agree on
anything, etc.

Afterwards, individually, we post our lists to problem statement.

Benefits

 - proactive posting saying what *we* think are the real problems,
   i.e, we participate
 - we attempt to sanity check the prioritization of problems.
 - proactive posting, not reactive to some existing thread
 - not a formal IESG consensus, but individuals are free to say "I agree
   with foo on points 2, 4, and 5, but here are two more I think are
   critical". So IESG view (to the point were there is one) becomes
   more visible, without getting formal about it.

Thomas