Re: suggestion for problem statement

--On 14. juli 2003 10:31 +0200 Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com> wrote:

An idea I discussed with Allison and we thought was worth following up
on.

Each of us (individually) come up with a list of what we think are the
3-5 most important problems facing the IETF. This list could include
items already mentioned in the problem-statement document or be ones
not mentioned at all.
This was a good idea 6 months ago. And it's the action item that Bellovin took away from Wye River, which we didn't get done.

At this moment, I think we the IETF need (badly) to close the problem issues document. So I think it may be a good idea for each of us to write the list (it always is - doing that is how I got<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/chair/what-is-wrong.html> and from there most of my constructive proposals for changes to the issues document), but we should then match it up with the issues document with the mindset of "is it a show-stopper that this issue is not mentioned?"

When doing this, I also recommend reading the long list of issues from the -00 draft, and remembering that the WG seems to think that everything there is already subsumed into the "bigger problems".

Harald