Re: COACH BoF

--On 14. juli 2003 20:17 +0200 "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@research.att.com> wrote:

What isn't clear to me is: where from here.  There seemed to be
a theory that this might be a working group, but it's not clear
to me that there is on-going working group material here (rather
than a good venue for discussing some point solution ideas).
My concern is that some of the suggestions introduce more process, at a
time when I perceive the mood of the IETF to be anti-process.  We can
certainly assert that front-loading the process will produce better
documents that will clear the IESG faster, but lots of people won't
believe that -- witness the same discussion about software engineering.
my worry too. It was a relatively lightly attended BOF, and due to poor time management, it did not give time enough to get any "sense of the room" wrt whether the mood was pro-process, anti-process or mixed. There certainly wasn't any great enthusiasm shown.