A suggested gathering point in Vienna

Finding a place to gather in Vienna after the IAB plenary turns out to have some challenges.... we finally settled on just suggesting a gathering place on Wednesday night that is open until 2 in the morning (rather than having Last Call at 2330).

We haven't reserved anything or provided free drinks - but I'll be there, and anyone who wants to come along is welcome.

our local hosts have found this place for us:

Location: Stiegl`s Ambulanz (beergarden in the 2nd inner courtyard)

Adress:

Im alten AKH. Alserstraße 4, 1090 Wien
Tel. +43(0)1-402 11 50-0

Start: Wednesday july 16. 2003 at 11:00 pm

You can reach them from the ACV:

Fastest Way (3 changes)

From U1 Station KAISERMÜHLEN/Vienna Int. Center > SCHWEDENPLATZ
change > U4 SCHOTTENRING > change U2 SCHOTTENTOR/Universität
change Tramway Line 43 to Station SPITALGASSE
(or a short footwalk <= 5 Minutes Universitätsstrasse ? Alser Straße)

Easier Way (2 changes)

From U1 Station KAISERMÜHLEN/Vienna Int. Center > KARLSPLATZ change
SCHOTTENTOR/Universität > change Tramway Line 43 to Station SPITALGASSE
(or a short footwalk <= 5 Minutes Universitätsstrasse ? Alser Straße )

A Vienna map with a nice red ring where the restaurant is can be found at the following URL:

<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/vienna-map.jpg>

See you there!

Harald