Subject: Certicom IP Rights
To: housley@vigilsec.com
From: Ian McKinnon <IMcKinnon@certicom.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:23:09 -0400

Dear Mr. Housley:

Certicom has been reviewing its Intellectual Property position with
respect to the Internet Key Exchange Protocol (as specified in "Internet
Key Exchange (IKEv2) Proposal" <draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-08.txt>).We believe
that we may have certain IP rights covering some aspects of the draft.

We are still in the process of preparing our positions with respect to our
IPR but wanted to inform you as IKEv2 is being finalized.

Ian McKinnon
President and CEO
Certicom Corp