RE: constitutional convention

I am not sure we do need a big reformation or re-organisation.
I would think that if we indeed take a close look at all the
identified problems, and then fix those that we can within
the current organisation, that that will make a lot of
people much happier.

On serious organisation issue is the:

 - What are our goals/objectives
 - What kind of organisation do we want to be.

Be see this at various places (now and in the past):

 - our own IESG strugles on
       "single solution vs let a 100 flowers bloom"
 - many WGs trying to enforce multiple solution on us
 - the statement from Christian Huitema at plenary
   (this one made me think and wonder).

It is important at least to get to consensus on the question
of "Do we want to be a standards setting organisation or not"

Up till now, I have worked under the assumption that we are
a standards setting organisation. But many people seem to
disagree with that assumption.

Thanks,
Bert