Re: constitutional convention

I agree with Ted here.

Here's what I took from the plenary:

 o there is NO consensus that the IETF is _fundamentally_ broken

 o there is NO consensus that we need to _fundamentally_ change
   the IETF

 o we had what looked like a vote of confidence in the _current_
   IESG to fix issues identified by the Problem WG

 o some people saw visible improvements recently

 o there are concerns that by attempting to "fix" the IETF we
   will destroy it

I did NOT see hints that the whole IESG should resign. If this is
supposed to be a step within a management structure reformation
strategy then see my last bullet above--it's not obvious we need
measures of this scale.

I think we should bite the bullet, start sweating over what we (the
IESG) believe the solutions should be, and then present it to the
community for a discussion.

Lastly, my impression of the feeling people have is that they don't
need a reform, or a fundamental restructure per se, instead they need
their stuff done, so fix the bugs, but don't break the whole damn
thing.

--
Alex
http://www.psg.com/~zinin/