Re: dna bof report

My experience has been that high level similarities between two technologies
are insufficient grounds for putting them in the same Working Group. The
real work of producing a standard has nothing to do with the high level
similarities, it has to do with the details of how the protocol works and
how it fits into the existing technology base. I can see these details as
being quite different for IPv4 and IPv6. My experience has been that WGs are
more productive when they concentrate on the details of getting a protocol
designed. If there are still some questions about metadesign, a short
requirements and problem statement phase (preferably before the WG is formed
to give the participants an incentive to agree) can help to clarify matters.
I tend to agree, and think that things are tending this way now. DHC WG will probably handle the IPv4 specific work.