Re: IEEE 802.11/IETF Liason Call

Hi Bernard,

Good dates for me are

August 14, 15,19,20,21
September 3,4,5.

On item 4 below, this draft letter has not been voted
out of the working group. There has been some, but not
alot of discussion on it to date.

Dorothy

Bernard Aboba wrote:

Time is rolling around for our bi-monthly IETF 802.11/IETF liason
teleconference, so I thought I'd poll people on appropriate times/dates.
Since people tend to go on vacation for the summer, if you can let us know
when you'll be available, that would be helpful in scheduling the call.

Some potential topics for this month's call:

1. Fast Handoff. At the IEEE 802 WNG meeting a study group was proposed
on Fast Handoff. Bill Arbaugh is working on a proposal for an IRTF RG
relating to IETF aspects of the problem (AAA, EAP). So some discussion of
coordination is probably appropriate.

2. Key naming. IEEE 802.11i, AAA and EAP WGs are now working on key
naming. So a coordination discussion is probably appropriate.

3. Response to the March liason letter. Although Erik Nordmark proposed a
response to the March IEEE 802 liason letter, I'm not clear that
a formal response was sent.

4. Another liason letter? I found the following document in the IEEE 802
archives, and was curious as to whether this was discussed, and if so,
what the outcome was:

http://www.ieee802.org/11/Documents/DocumentHolder/3-361.zip

5. Handoff ECSG. There is an IEEE 802 Handoff Executive Committee Study
Group, and at the DNA BOF at IETF 57 there was interest expressed in some
kind of liason between the two groups.

6. EAP state machine. During the IEEE 802.1aa meeting, it was decided to
remove the EAP state machine from the 802.1aa document, which is a
dependency of IEEE 802.11i. Apparently there was some miscommunication
about the state of the document (the document that was approved for
inclusion in IEEE 802.1aa D6.1 was yet an EAP WG work item).

--
Dorothy Stanley