Re: AD response to Site-Local Appeal

Michel Py wrote:
> An imperfect solution is better than no solution

Not if it's more harmful than the absence of a solution, which may
well be the case in this instance (although that is a matter of
judgement).

> and until we find a
> better mouse trap it is harmful to deprecate the running code deployed
> by multiple vendors that we currently have.

Until we publish a revised addressing RFC, we haven't touched running
code. It is just an internal decision inside the IETF. Personally, I'd
advise customers who believe they need local addresses to continue
using FEC0 until the addressing architecture is revised and products
catch up.

   Brian

Brian E Carpenter
Distinguished Engineer, Internet Standards & Technology, IBM

NEW ADDRESS <brc@zurich.ibm.com> PLEASE UPDATE ADDRESS BOOK