Re: FW: AD response to Site-Local Appeal

Scott Bradner wrote:

> fwiw - I fully agree with kre
> (that has happened before in case anyone wondered)

fwiw, I don't (and I have both agreed and disagreed with kre
and sob in the past).

I really think this is a distraction. Objectively, the WG is
getting on with the three things that need to be done (requirements,
an alternative proposal, and a draft deprecation document). To me
there was manifestly rough consensus for this course of action:
what else could "deprecate site local" mean to anyone who had been
reading the mailing list for the previous several months?
The details naturally depend on those three documents, which
will have to be taken through due process. There was certainly not
unanimity, or a detailed proposal, when choosing this course of
action, but that's no ground for overruling the chairs.

   Brian

Brian E Carpenter
Distinguished Engineer, Internet Standards & Technology, IBM

NEW ADDRESS <brc@zurich.ibm.com> PLEASE UPDATE ADDRESS BOOK