Re: Small comment for <draft-schryver-pppext-iana-01.txt>

Hi Michelle.

> For <draft-schryver-pppext-iana-01.txt>, the
> IANA Considerations say the following:

> IETF Consensus, usually through the Point-to-Point Protocol
>    Extensions (pppext) working group, is required for assigning new
>    values in the following address spaces:

> "usually through" the pppext WG, seems vague.  Does this
> mean that it has to be through an approved document, but
> in most all cases it will be a pppext WG document?

I interpret the text as saying "IETF Consensus" per 2434, and that if
the Pppext WG still exists, it would be consulted. I.e, there is
definitely a rewquirement that there be an ID that gets published as
an RFC.

If the above is not clear enough about that, we can update the text.

Thomas