Re: [iesg-secretary #11740] IESG Telechat Agenda item: WG charter update for ADSLMIB WG

Your request #11740 was resolved by nsyracus:

Dear Bert,

An updated ADSLMIB WG charter has been added on the next agenda
that will be on August 21st.

The IETF Secretariat

iesg-secretary,

Pls put the below WG charter update on next weeks IESG Telechat
agenda. I think it is best to send a copy for review to the
iab and iesg mailing lists.

I think we can put it under section
    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
because it is basically splitting of some VDSL MIB work (that
needs more discussion) into a separate document.

Thanks,
Bert

---- draft new charter text ---------

+ lines with a + sign are new text
- lines with a - sign will be removed from charter

  Description of Working Group:

  The working group will define a set of managed objects to be used for
  management of Very high speed Digital Subscriber Line (VDSL) services
  as defined by T1E1.4/2000-009R2. It is a goal, though not a
  requirement, that the resultant MIB be published as an extension to the
  ADSLMIB.  The MIB defined by this group will be generated using SMIv2,
  will be consistent with the SNMP management framework, and will
  describe the relationship of the objects defined to existing MIBs such
  as those described by the current ADSLMIB and HDSL2/SHDSL MIB, the
  interfaces MIB, and the AToM MIB.

+ The working group will also define two sets of line code specific (LCS)
+ managed objects to be used for management of Very high speed
+ Digital Subscriber Line (VDSL) services, one for Multiple Carrier
+ Modulation line coding  (MCM), and one for Single Carrier Modulation
+ line coding (SCM).

  The working group will consider the input of the DSL forum and the ITU
  in the definition of this MIB.

- In addition, the group will continue to work on the promotion of the
- ADSLMIB, the ADSL Extension MIB, and the HDSL2/SHDSL MIB through the
- IETF standards process.

  (new) Goals and Milestones