Re: evaluation: draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-2535typecode-change-04.txt

At Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:41:28 -0700, Ted Hardie wrote:

> Given the care to avoid collisions, it seems a bit odd to reuse the
> same name for the  IANA registry, and I'd suggest making some
> change to the name.  Given that the old registry has some values
> (0,1, 4, and 252) that are not registered by this document, the
> two are not exactly congruent even though none of those registered
> by this document are in conflict with that registry.  This could
> be worked out with IANA and made and RFC Editor note, though.

fyi: algorithm 1 has been deprecated for some time, 0 is reserved (ie,
do not use), and algorithms 4 and 252 have never been specified.

ie, what you're seeing here may be misguided (that's between you and
your rabbi), but it's deliberate.