Re: [Fwd: Re: IAB comments on draft-baker-liaisons-00.txt]

Bert,

> So... they also have to go through a very difficult process to
> ensure that the statements are authoritative.
> Imagine we have to get to that point... it would mean that we
> need to do IETF Last Call on such liasison statements or responses,
> or at least WG Last Calls. Does that not sound as heavy weight?

This sounds too heavyweight to me. For example with 3GPP, there have been
cases where the WG chairs of SIP and related groups and the Transport ADs
have communicated something to 3GPP that hasn't been through such a
heavyweight process. In some cases, they've gone through a discussion on the
WG mailing list for WG concensus, in others, the chairs and ADs have
communicated something that didn't require WG discussion and concensus. This
has worked well IMHO.

I really think this needs to be handled on a case by case basis.

            jak