Re: WG Review: Mobility for IPv6 (mip6)

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, The IESG wrote:
>  Mobility for IPv6 (mip6)
>  ------------------------
>  Current Status: Proposed Working Group
>
>  Description of Working Group:
[...]
>         - The working group will also document problem statements
>             associated with deploying Mobile IPv6 in the following areas:
>               a. Mobile IPv6 issues in the presence of firewalls
>               b. Mobile IPv6 deployment and transition issues in the presence
>                     of IPv4/IPv6 networks
>               c. Multicast issues

I've a concern on this.  There was an overly long thread between me and
Hesham Soliman (author of an individual problem statement on b) on this on
v6ops/mobile-ip working group, and not much came out of it.

I guess the bottom line was that different people felt that different
things were *REAL* problems that need to be addressed.

How would it be decided whether additional work is needed (and WHAT
additional work) in these areas after writing the problem statements?