Re: Telling ISOC what we do from a telecoms perspective

> do we have such a summary?

I've not seen one

> sensitivities?

when I was at the standards for the NGN workshop at the ITU in July
quite a few of the speakers (most of the speakers were from traditional
telcos or their suppliers) seems to assume that the future of
IP voice (ip telephony or Internet telephony) is SIP (and ENUM)

a few commented that SIP was too complicated (I think mostly the feeling
comes from the 3GPP_driven additions) - so there may be some
care that should be taken when talking about that space

since many of Telecom visitors know or will know about SIP & ENUM
making sure that they also know where SIP & ENUM come from and can
find out more about the IETF seems like a good thing. (some of the
companies that are ITU members are sometinmes not as careful to
explain that ENUM is not an ITU recomendation as they might be - so far
I've not seen the same problem with the ITU management)

Scott