Telling ISOC what we do from a telecoms perspective

do we have such a summary? sensitivities?

Harald

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: 4. september 2003 10:48 +0200
From: Peter Godwin <godwin@isoc.org>
To: harald@alvestrand.no
Subject: Telecom 2003 - Geneva

Harald,

Allow me to introduce myself - I'm Peter Godwin, and have recently
joined the ISOC staff in Geneva as a Program Manager. I'll be taking
care of some of the projects funded by the .ORG revenues from PIR as
well as some of ISOC's communications activities.

As you know, the Telecom World 2003 event will be taking place soon in
Geneva. ISOC will have a very small stand in the exhibtion area and I'm
trying to put together some telecom-specific material/handouts that we
could distribute there. I thought it would be appropriate to produce a
simple one-pager on the IETF activities and successes in the telecoms
space - some specific ideas would be to describe (at a high level) the
status of SIP, ENUM and the joint work with 3GPP. The general idea is to
promote the visibility of IETF with the Telecom visitors.

I was just wondering:

a) are there are any areas we should focus on?
b) are there any areas we should avoid or 'play down'? (ITU
sensitivity?)
c) if you already have any reports or documents giving a general
overview of status in IETF telecoms-specific activities (particularly
some kind of description of how the cooperation with 3GPP evolved).

BTW - will you be attending Telecom? And do you know of any other IETF
folks who will be there?

Many thanks in advance for any help our input you can give me.

Best regards,
Peter

Peter Godwin
Senior Program Manager