Re: Proposed LTANS WG Charter

Harald:

Two archive proposals have been made to the PKIX working group. At the IESG Retreat, we decided that just adding additional work items to the PKIX charter. Since there are two proposals, I am not worried about this becoming an investigative group. The investigation will be figuring out the portions of the two proposals that have a constituency.

The notary is less clear. If others are concerned too, we could back off to a requirements document in this area. Then, the requirements document serve as the basis for an updated charter. I am not sure this really helps since the investigation will mostly be in the area of requirements.

Russ