RE: Proposed LTANS WG Charter

Hello Harald,

concerning step two, the part of "notary services" you are mostly right.
We will have to do some more "investigative work".

But for step one, concerning the long-term archive for digital signed
documents we already have some detailed ideas with different ways for the
solution. There are already two I-Ds. So the problem is already visible to
various groups. To have a good basis to find the best solution for a
standard we thought we should invest some weeks at the beginning to clarify
together the exact needs and then proceed with and finish the specification.

Protocol could be easy, but I wouldn't bet on it at the moment. Anyway at
least a few things are necessary for such services. The question of the data
structures that are needed and transported for verification will definitely
need a standard to enable interoperability.

I don't want to dictate business decisions or business models.
(in fact I am among some of the "guys who provide services" ;-)  )
But what I really think is needed is a standard, that will enable business
for many different business models.

In many times it is not very important which specification you go, important
is that you have one common standard specification so that the different
vendors (and even competitors) can interoperate.

Especially in this case this is the key to enable the business.
It is important for the customer. And with this also important for the SVs.

	Tobias