Proposal to draft an I-D for the I-D submission process

I've got an offer (from Brian Rosen, Cisco) to do the typing involved in writing a draft an I-D documenting the I-D submission process from the IETF user's point of view.

The only thing he wants to *change* about the process is the ability to submit Marshall-XML - but the discussion on that caused the conclusion that perhaps collecting the rules in one place was a Good Thing.

Of course this shouldn't constrain our ability to change the process when needed, but not changing things without notifying the community is probably a good thing anyway.

I think this could be useful. Other thoughts?

Harald