Re: Proposal to draft an I-D for the I-D submission process

Hi Harald:

If you look at the "Tentative Schedule of Upcoming IETF/IESG/WG Web Tools," which is posted on the Internal IESG Web Page, you will see an item named "ID Management Tool." This tool will allow IETFers to submit and revise their IDs via a Web page. It will also allow them (where appropriate) to submit requests to the IESG to publish their IDs as RFCs.

According to the current schedule, this tool will be developed by early March, although (based on previous experience) the schedule will most likely slip a bit. If the document that Brian is proposing primarily deals with content, format, file-naming conventions, etc. for IDs, then it wouldn't be affected much by a new submission system. However, if the document deals with the mechanics of submission, then those would change considerably. It's a great idea, but the timing may be less than ideal.

Just my two cents...

Regards,

Barbara