Fwd: Re: next steps on reviewing the appeal process

Could we maybe talk about this, sometime?

Separate from Todd Glassey's appeal, which I believe was properly
handled give our current processes, I do think that our appeal
processes could use some improvement.

In particular:

        - It is ambiguous whether a decision stays in force
                during an appeal.  This caused some questions
                in the IPv6 WG for both of our recent appeals,
                not just in Todd's case.

        - I think that we should seriously consider whether we
                are handling appeals in a sufficiently timely
                manner.

Margaret