RE: next steps on reviewing the appeal process

Todd, you can of course ask the IESG what the next steps would be
if you (or any other individual in the IETF) feels that some BCP
RFC (in this case RFC2418) does not work.

And Harald (implicitly) answered that the logical next step is to
check the poised mailing list to see if you are all alone or if
indeed a wide (sub)set of IETF people feel the same. And then he
stated that you have apparently already done so.

So I think his response was quite appropriate. As far as I know,
the IESG believes that RFC2418 is basically OK. And so we (as IESG)
do not need to start new discussions on its validity. If there are
enough people in the IETF who feel that a change is needed, then
they better get together on the poised list and come out with
proposals as to what kind of changes they want and then try to
get poised and IETF consensus on those proposals.

Thanks,
Bert