RE: Re: next steps on reviewing the appeal process

My views:

> Could we maybe talk about this, sometime?
>
> Separate from Todd Glassey's appeal, which I believe was properly
> handled give our current processes, I do think that our appeal
> processes could use some improvement.
>
> In particular:
>
>          - It is ambiguous whether a decision stays in force
>                  during an appeal.  This caused some questions
>                  in the IPv6 WG for both of our recent appeals,
>                  not just in Todd's case.

So we quickly decided on that one.
I do not see the problem. Once we find that people get suspended
from posting right incorrectly, then we would/should worry.
In general, ADs have been VERY CAREFULL before they suspend anyone,
and since it needs prior IESG agreement, I do not see that we
would ever not uphold the decision.

>          - I think that we should seriously consider whether we
>                  are handling appeals in a sufficiently timely
>                  manner.

I also believe that in general we have been reacting reasonably
quickly. And my understanding was that the time-constraints in
RFC2418 were explicitly formulated the way they are to make sure
that current IESG work would not be disrupted by a multitude
of appeals at the same time.

Let us also realize, that the whole IETF approved this doc as
a BCP. So it is not something that the IESG decided on their own.

Just my 2 cents.
Bert