Re: WG Review: Recharter of Common Control and Measurement Plane (ccamp)

Bert,
I think the remark you point out is a good "catch-all" for these
types of things and should remain, but I suggested the rewording
for a couple of reasons:
- The original sentence wording is clumsy and could be misunderstood:
"Identify requirements for signaling and routing for ASON not currently met ..."

When I see a statement like "Identify requirements for ...", I tend
to think of identifying new requirements, and if it is a new requirement,
of course it is not currently met, but when I get to the end of the
sentence, I understand that what must have really been meant by the
beginning of the sentence must have been:
"Identify WHICH requirements for signaling and routing for ASON ARE not
currently met". I think the addition of the words WHICH and ARE are
the minimum to make sure that the sentence is well constructed and not
misunderstood.

The reason I thought that mention of ITU-T explicitly in this bullet point
is that ASON requirements come from ITU-T - after all, we are talking
about (not necessarily IP) transport networks, and by making sure that
any such work is always joint with ITU-T, we can avoid the famous
question "What does this have to do with IP?"
Regards,
Steve