Attendee Contact Information in IETF Meeting Proceedings

Dear IESG Members:

Recently, the Secretariat received a message from an IETF meeting participant requesting that we not include the phone numbers and e-mail addresses of attendees in the proceedings. He also requested that we remove this information from the on-line proceedings of previous meetings. Apparently, the on-line attendee lists have become a source of SPAM and unwanted telephone solicitations.

I discussed this issue with Harald on Tuesday. He agreed that we should not include attendee contact information in future volumes of the proceedings. However, he felt that we should not remove this information from existing volumes.

Since the proceedings of the 57th IETF meeting have not yet gone to press, we can implement this new procedure starting with that meeting. Henceforth, the only information that we will provide about attendees are their names and affiliations.

Regards,

Barbara

Barbara B. Fuller
Acting Executive Director