upcoming w3c coordination agenda item

From the minutes of the IETF-W3C coordination call of June,

http://www.w3.org/2003/03/13-ietf-w3c.html

there is an action item to follow up with IANA re. naming of (items in) registries. WE'll be reviewing the status of that action item
on the next call -- Tuesday of next week.

There is a specific proposal ([0]), and Ned had the action item to
follow up with IANA. I dropped a note to Ned to find out what the
status of things is, but I believe he's probably got much more important
things on his mind. He won't be on the call. However, since this item
has been trailing for quite a while, I'd like to have something more
concrete to say on Tuesday's call.

I don't think the proposal in [0] is reasonable, because I don't
share the W3C's perspective that it's reasonable to declare that
you'll never change your domain name or file organization.  Or,
do we have to live with that?  Comments?

Leslie.

[0]
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-connolly-w3c-accessible-registries-00.txt

P.S.:  Explicitly copying IANA, even though IANA is on IESG list,
because I'd specifically like to hear her input...

"Reality:
Yours to discover."
-- ThinkingCat

Leslie Daigle