IEEE 802 committee on handoff

I ran into the chair of IEEE 802 tonight - he asked me
to see if teh IETF had any concerns about the 802 handoff concepts
they were thinking about looking at (its a study committee now)

the high order bits seem to be that they are looking at doing
technology to support mobility of devices (and IP stacks) between
802 layer 2 technologies (e.g., different wireless and Ethernet)

he asked that sompen contact him if the IETF has concerns
and (ideally) have someone come to the next 802 meeting to
give a plenary talk on teh subject (like I did a few years ago
about the idea that some were pushing to do link-level congestion
control)

see: http://www.ieee802.org/handoff/

the chair is Paul Nikolich - p.nikolich@ieee.org

please let me know if you-all will or will not be contacting him

Scott