Re: WG Review: Internet and Management Support for Storage (imss)

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, The IESG wrote:
[...]
>  As Fibre Channel standardization is handled by the INCITS T11 Technical
>  Committee (http://www.t11.org), a close working relationship with T11 is
>  essential to the WG's success. In particular:
>          - The IPv6 over Fibre Channel specification will be based on
>              draft-desanti-ipv6-over-fibre-channel-02.txt. This draft
>              was originally developed within a T11 study group and T11
>              has officially recommended this draft to the IETF.
>          - The WG will not standardize management of Fibre Channel features
>              ahead of their incorporation into appropriate T11 Fibre
>              Channel standards.
>          - The WG will work closely with T11, specifically Task Group T11.5,
>              on the functionality and structure of the MIBs it develops
>              for management of Fibre Channel.

Seems like a noble goal, but I have a number of concerns here.  Of course,
it may have been due to watching too many WGs go down their own
business, with little regard to the rest of the IETF..

Is there any process for contributing back to T11 on any of this work?
Or, more appropriately, a possibility to fix any Fibre Channel problems
which may (or WILL) surface in the process of the WG, until such are
officially sanctioned by T11?  Or is this yet another rubberstamping WG?
Are the documents it produces Informational RFCs or something else? Who
owns the copyrights for the work (i.e., standard IETF clauses or
something special)?

Perhaps the key questions are, "why should we do this work in the IETF?",
and lead-in, "how would the work be enhanced by making it a WG instead of
RFCs by individual submission and independent review by Fibre Channel
folks?"