RE: A concept resurrected(?) - WG secretary?

At 10:18 PM 10/8/2003, Chris Apple wrote:
>I definitely think its worth trying.
>
>The way you described the position morphing over time makes it seem like
>a more appropriate title might be WG Project Manager - who happens to be
>accountable for recording and publishing meeting minutes (among other
>things).

It's a big leap from note taker to project manager.
I think the WG Chair(s) are responsible for the
WG projects, and this role should not be delegated.

I like to have 2 or 3 people taking notes and then I
write the minutes from multiple sets of notes.

I don't know if creating an official position will
improve the situation.  Perhaps some guidelines
for note takers and minutes writers (ala ID-nits)
will help more.  I wish note takers would do
a better job of capturing context and every decision
and action item made, rather than trying to transcribe
every conversation in the meeting.

>Chris Apple - Principal Architect

Andy