Re: another approach to the nomcom problem?

I'd rather do this by asking for resignations after the nomcom has been selected.

If (for instance) 5 of the Cisco people withdraw, and random chance picks 3 Nokia people and no Cisco people, the request will be seen as having unfairly favoured Nokia.

However, if 3 Cisco and 3 Nokia people get selected, there's an opportunity for an informal consensus to form that says 2 of each is better for the Internet.

Harald