re: Recommendations for Automatic Responses to Electronic Mail - <draft-moore-auto-email-response-04.txt>

Hello,

I co-chair the Anti-Spam Research Group (ASRG) of the IRTF
[www.irtf.org/asrg/]. We have a BCP area within the group which is
working on similar issues to the ones mentioned in this draft.

I just re-read your charter, and I have to say I think it is a bit of a stretch to claim it covers the range of issues pertaining to correct operation of autoresponders this draft deals with.

I wanted
to ask the IESG if the move to "Proposed Standard" can be delayed while
we evaluate this draft in our group.

First, I note that this document has been under discussion for about six months now, mostly on the ietf-822 list. I also note that this was pointed out on the ASRG list about six weeks back.

I finally note that this document is currently in 4 week last call. Surely this
provides sufficient time for interested parties, both in your group as well as
outside, to review and comment on it.

In any case, absent some more specific concern or concerns being given I see no
reason to delay IESG consideration of the document once the last call has
expired.

Ned