Re: Issue: Transition rules?

Ran/Harald et al -

A third view is that these won't become active until the next Nomcom is empaneled and that they won't apply to this Nomcom at all. I haven't done a line by line analysis of the changes, but for example if the new rules were approved this week - would the new rules on challenges to the random selection (which has to occur in the first week after the selection of the Nomcom) apply?

There may be other race conditions depending on when the rules actually go into effect.

I think I'm going to have to argue for this third view.

And no, I'm not changing my mind from previous discussions. If we could have gotten the new stuff approved prior to the nomcom being seated it would be clear which rules to follow.

Regardless, I agree with Ran that because of the dependency on ISOC for insurance that we should not skip that step.

Mike