RE: Proposal from mstjohns: Pre-approval of RFC 2727bis

At 12:53 PM 10/10/2003, Margaret.Wasserman@nokia.com wrote:
can we all breath a sigh of relief now?

yes.

Kireeti Kompella <kireeti@juniper.net>
Ralph Droms <rdroms@cisco.com>
Ole J. Jacobsen <ole@cisco.com>

known-clueful

Richard Shockey <richard@shockey.us>

Been around for a while, ICANN wars, ITU-clueful.

Abdul-jabbar Asiri <ajasiri@nortelnetworks.com>

Apparent newbie, don't know much about him.

Jin Seek Choi <jin@icu.ac.kr>

Korean University professor, background in research networks

David E. Martin <martinde@us.ibm.com>

Grid Forum, Internet II

Dan Forsberg <dan.forsberg@nokia.com>

PANA, 802.11 EAP, generalized AAA guy

Basavaraj Patil <basavaraj.patil@nokia.com>

Mobile IP v6.

Andrew Thiessen <Andrew@its.bldrdoc.gov>

Research (NIST): Manet, IPv6, Bluetooth/IP

These folks have mostly been around the block, and should have some ideas on what works and what doesn't. Shockey will be "interesting", but I expect Droms and Kompella won't put up with much nonsense, and while I have a low opinion of Shockey's clue level, I do believe that he means well and tries to do the right thing.

Good group, I should think.

It would be really good if the Korean guy could get a list of Asia-Pac candidates into the mix. They are among the toughest. Note that I didn't say "choose non-US"; we generally can't so choose because we have a hard time getting candidates. Get lotsa non-US candidates.