Re: A concept resurrected(?) - WG secretary?

A stupid question, perhaps, but if one picks a secretary or note
taker based upon clue, why should that person not receive some
credit for it?

Credit is one of the rare currencies we have in use for motivating people at IETF. I'm all for giving more credit for note takers and other people who are performing a function. While picking note takers per meeting eases problems with conflicting agendas, there are a lot of benefits to recruiting motivated people to do jobs.

Independent of this, we probably need to work on the
techniques for note taking, such as recording conversations,
guiding documents for good note taking, etc.

--Jari