Re: evaluation: draft-ogura-mapos-nsp-multiexp

> The Security Considerations is section is a relic of the past -- an
> unwelcome relic, at that.  This document is not ready for publication.
> (Thomas, what did the authors say when you told them about the security
> considerations?)

Authors know a new one is needed. Document is on the agenda to flush
out any other issues.

From: ogura <ogura@core.ecl.net>
To: Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com>
Cc: mitsuru@core.ecl.net, yoshida@peta.arch.ecl.net, ogura@core.ecl.net
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:37:15 +0900
Subject: Re: draft-ogura-mapos-nsp-multiexp-02.txt

Greetings.

My name is Tsuyoshi Ogura. I am an author of the RFC-to-be:
	draft-ogura-mapos-nsp-multiexp-02.txt

Thank you for your reviewing.

> 1) I assume that we will add a note at the beginning (as has been done
> for other MAPOS documents) along the lines of:
>
>    This memo documents a multiple access protocol for transmission of
>    network-protocol datagrams, encapsulated in High-Level Data Link
>    Control (HDLC) frames, over SONET/SDH.  This document is NOT the
>    product of an IETF working group nor is it a standards track
>    document.  It has not necessarily benefited from the widespread and
>    in depth community review that standards track documents receive.
>
> Any objections?

No Problem.

> 2)
>
> > 4. Security Considerations
> >
> >    Security issues are not discussed in this memo.
>
> This is not really an adequate section, as it can be read to indicate
> that security issues have not even been thought about. At a minimum, I
> would expect similiar issues to arise as with NSP 1, but I note that
> that RFC 2173 has no security considerations section, as it was
> published in 1997, before they were really required. So you may need
> to add stuff to this document that would have been discussed in 2173.

OK. I will add a few considerations to it, then re-submit it as a new
draft. I apologize for bothering you, but I will notify you when the new
I-D is available.

 ========
 Tsuyoshi Ogura
 NTT Network Innovation Laboratories
 E-mail:    ogura@core.ecl.net / ogura@core.ntt.co.jp
 Phone:     +81-422-59-2019
 Fax:       +81-422-59-4584
 Address:   3-9-11 Midori-cho Musashino-shi Tokyo 180-8585 Japan.