RE: Discuss on draft-ietf-adslmib-hc-tc-06.txt

Hi Bert,

I am willing to remove my discuss if you believe that the
difference between these two documents (the 32-bit and
64-bit versions) will not cause any problems.  I am
concerned that there my be MIBs that incorporate both,
and that need to do the two differently, thus causing
some level of confusion and/or extra complexity.

> > There is no explanation for why the use of a proxy would
> > cause information for some intervals to be unavailable
> > and/or how the agent would know that a proxy was in use,
> > so that it could report a different value.  Please explain.
> >
> The above text is from HCPerfValidIntervals DESCRIPTION clause.
>
> I believe such can be the case if the "proxy" did not have access
> to the real data (agent) for some intervals. I will check with
> author(s).

Why/how would a proxy have acces to the data for some intervals
and not others?  And, if that were the case, would the proxy
be expected to change the value of the number of intervals
available on the fly?

One possibility is that this group envisions a proxy that does
the 15-minute interval data collection from a simpler device
(or a set of simpler devices) and makes that data available
to managers.  In the SNMP sense, though, this isn't really a
proxy in the SNMP sense, and the role of this proxy should
probably be described somewhere.

Margaret