Upcoming change of source AS for i.root-servers.net

Friends,

As part of the long term ambition to provide the Internet root
nameservers with extremely stable homes in all possible respects we
plan to change the source autonomous system for i.root-servers.net
from AS8674 (NETNOD INTERNET EXCHANGE) to AS29216 (dedicated as
I.ROOT-SERVERS.NET).

We hope that after this change i.root-servers.net will never have to
change source AS again.

We intend to implement this change next week during the NANOG29
conference.

Please note:

a) This is a planned operation, not an emergency.

b) We will not change the IP adress of the i.root-servers.net service,
   only the source AS.

c) We will not change any of the several servers providing the
   i.root-servers.net service in any way. It will be the same servers
   at the same locations providing exactly the same service as usual.

d) You do not need to do anything to help with this operation.

Regards,

Johan Ihrén
Autonomica
This is inten

We plan to make this change during NANOG next week.

Please note:

a) This is a planned operation, not an emergency.

b) This does only affect the source AS, nothing else.

c) We will not change the IP address of the service.

d) We will not change the actual servers providing the service known
   as i.root-servers.net, nor will we change the connectivity or any
   other aspect affecting the capacity of the service.

Regards,

Johan Ihrén
Autonomica