Re: Nomination for promotion to "Proposed Standard"

Raymond,

a request for adoption as a proposed standard must be passed to the IESG, so you've acted according to the process.

I'm hereby Thomas Narten, who is in charge of the DNSEXT WG, to act as shepherding AD for this document.

Note: This area has multiple known proposals, and it would probably be less than optimal if users deploy four or five different types of sender-authentication records, all of which need large uptake in order to be reasonably useful. So expect a debate - and it's by no means certain that the result will be an IETF standard that resembles your document.

Harald Alvestrand