Re: Last call comments on draft-freed-mime-p4-03.txt

I think I wasn't clear enough about where I saw a problem.
I understand that the requirements for vendor/personal are minimal,
and the requirements for standard are quite high, and up to the IESG.

What I meant was that Section 3.6 starts out as:

    The IANA will only register media types in the standards tree in
    response to a communication from the IESG stating that a given
    registration has been approved.  Vendor and personal types will be
    registered by the IANA automatically and without any formal review as
    long as the following minimal conditions are met:

with a list following. At this point, the reader expects that this
list contains the minimal conditions for automatic IANA registration
of vendor and personal types. This is indeed the case for bullets
1 to 4. However, bullet 5 says:

    o  Registrations in the standards tree MUST satisfy the additional
       requirement that they originate from another standards body
       recognized as such by the IETF.

This is no longer about vendor or personal registrations. I think the
easiest way to fix the logic would be to change the fifth bullet point
into a plain paragraph.

OK, this now makes sense to me. I'll change things accordingly.

Ned