Re: Draft plenary agendas

--On 28. oktober 2003 17:36 -0800 James Kempf <kempf@docomolabs-usa.com> wrote:

As a kind of general point, I'm a little concerned whether this plan will
meet the need for more systems/inter-WG discussion on (presumably) the
second night since the open mic is likely to be dominated by discussion of
the reform effort . But I think that's probably ok for now since that's
the most topical thing up. People might, however, want to respond
directly after the report is presented.

1) I think we have to make time for questions and clarifications on the reports, and yes, some discussion. We should have a fair idea after the Wednesday plenary about whether we're out to lunch or not.

I remember Vienna - when we turned the mike from "problem" into "plenary", the resulting mike time talked *nothing* about the problem effort.

2) IMHO, The open plenaries have always been lousy venues for systems/inter-WG discussion. The times we've had useful input on it, it's either been as a result of structured presentations (Steve D's wineglasses in London) or as a result of pure dumb luck. They are much better for venting/discussion about issues that pertain to the entire IETF.