Re: Comments on draft-dfncis-netnews-admin-sys-06.txt

IESG:

Every point/comment that has been made by Ned, except perhaps for the
security section, will be handled by the RFC Editor as part of its
normal editorial process after the IESG has provided its recommendation
(e.g., we run ABNF through a checker now).

To reiterate, the RFC Editor has been recently criticized for
over-editing independent submissions *before* they reach the IESG.  We
are pleased to have input from the IESG to make sure that we don't
overlook anything during editing, but it is not really necessary for
the IESG to spend effort on editorial issues like this.

At the IESG's request, the RFC Editor will require the author to expand
the Security section as suggested.

Joyce
(for RFC Editor)