RE: Thinking about adding another AD in the General(ish) area

--On 30. oktober 2003 16:00 -0500 Margaret.Wasserman@nokia.com wrote:

It is clear (from our current processes, past practice,
etc.) that the IESG can add a new AD seat at will.

I am not sure how/if we can create a new position called
"Assistant IETF Chair"...  Of course, there isn't anything
stopping you, Harald, from delegating IETF chair
responsibilities to anyone you like, so we could just
create another General AD position and you could delegate
to that person.

Is there a reason why you think it is important or desireable
to call this person "Assistant IETF Chair" instead of just
having them be a General AD?

I think it's important that the Nomcom know what we're looking for, otherwise they don't have much chance of finding the right person.

And if an assistant Chair is what the person will be acting as, calling it anything else just sets us up for a conflict with the community that we don't need when they find out what we intended.

I think that if we agree it's a Good Thing, we should ask Nomcom to publish an updated version of the job description I sent out together with the call for nominations.

(note - 2727bis requires us to produce such a description. We haven't done so this time for the *other* positions we are asking to have filled....)

Harald