Re: Comments regarding draft-freed-mime-p4-04.txt

On Nov 2, 2003, at 7:26 AM, ned.freed@mrochek.com wrote:
No new draft appeared because we were waiting for a response from the
IESG, not because a choice had been made.

And a response was given, as I have indicated above.

That response was made to the W3C, not the authors of the draft. Although I'd agree that someone at the W3C *should* have passed that information on, it doesn't follow that the IESG was released from the reasonable expectation that it communicate its decision to them.

However, this is just a declaration of facts, not a change in status of
the registration.

Oh please. It was clear from this note that there was a problem and it was clear what the problem was.

While that's clear to you from your position on the IESG, it's not to me on the outside. Formality in processes is useful to avoid just this kind of misunderstanding.

I could understand and accept these communication problems if they were considered a one-time fluke, but it appears that you consider them acceptable, which I find troubling. Is that really the case?

Office of the CTO   BEA Systems